Foot and ankle injuries should be treated with surgery only as necessary. Surgery for a foot or ankle injury is only recommended as a last resort. Dr. Howard Marans first promotes a variety of conservative treatments available at OCOrthopedic+ such as:
- Modifying footwear
- Physical therapy
Dr. Howard Marans offers top rated surgery to correct the problem.
Foot and Ankle Injuries
Symptoms of feet and ankle injuries/medical conditions include:
- Mobility difficulty
The feet and ankles bear the weight of your entire body. When physical therapy or other conservative treatment fails, Dr. Howard Marans offers top rated surgery to correct the problem. Treatment of severe injuries to your foot or ankle can involve a wide range of surgery techniques.
- Tendon tear repairs
- Ligament tear repairs
- Open reduction and internal fixation on broken bones
Foot and Ankle Surgery Options
When the Doctor deems it is necessary to operate, he will recommend either:
Your Foot and Ankle
Your feet and ankles help you:
Many injuries to the feet can occur as a result of:
- Wear and tear
Common Foot and Ankle Injuries and Conditions
- Achilles tendon tear
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Fractured ankle
- Fractured calcaneus – heel bone fracture
- Fractured toe
Foot and Ankle Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
Top rated foot and ankle surgery is provided by Dr. Marans, who has the education and clinical experience to repair and rehabilitate your injury.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Foot and Ankle Specialist Protocol
An experienced foot and ankle specialist begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
- Surgical remedies
Best Foot and Ankle Specialist
OCOrthopedic+ is a leading specialist in foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery.
The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner. Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans, please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.