Knee surgery is a common treatment for knee pain and weakness. While physical therapy is commonly the first treatment recommendation by Dr. Howard Marans, there are cases where knee surgery becomes the necessary solution to relieve pain and regain mobility through strength.
Types of Knee Surgery
- ACL Reconstruction
- Meniscus Repair
- Bursitis Treatment
- Muscle Tendon Surgery
- Runner’s Knee Surgery
Top Rank Knee Surgeon
As a Top Rank Knee Surgeon in Santa Ana – Dr. Howard Marans – treats damage to any of the structures of the knee – from minor to severe. After Dr. Marans compiles your daily activity level, he will perform a physical examination and diagnostic testing to determine the root cause of your knee pain. Then, the Doctor will design a customized treatment plan to alleviate your symptoms in the quickest and most cost-effective way.
Knee treatment outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
The Principal Weight-Bearing Joint
The knee is the principal weight-bearing joint supporting one’s body weight. At OCOrthopedic+ in Santa Ana, patients have easy access to a vast array of knee injury physical therapy treatment modalities.
The knee is susceptible to many injuries/conditions.
- Awkward movements resulting in ACL tears
- Hard falls
- Sudden twists or pivots
- Excessive force or blows
- Overuse or repetitive motion
- Inflammatory conditions and degenerative conditions
Common knee injuries/conditions
- Arthritis in the knee
- Dislocated kneecap
- Bursitis in the knee
- Knee ligament injuries
- Meniscus tears
- Runner’s knee
- Knee fractures
Knee symptoms vary based on the degree of injury or stage of medical condition.
- Pain is first indicator of injury or disease (degenerative condition)
- Pain is a red flag when it does not subside over time
- Simple knee movements may exacerbate pain
- Knee swelling is indicative of extra pressure on the knee
- Difficulty standing or balancing with full weight
- Redness or tenderness to the touch around the knee cap area
OC Orthopedic+ Surgery Protocol
As an experienced orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Marans begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
Education and Credentials
Orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Howard Marans, has the education and clinical experience to correct your knee injury.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
OC Orthopedics+ Offers:
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Top Rank Knee Surgeon in Santa Ana
To have your knee pain treated cost-effectively, schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans at his state-of-the-art clinic in Santa Ana, CA. Please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.